BlephEx®...The first and Only Doctor Eyelid Cleaning Procedure to Help Maintain Clean and Healthy Lids
- Over 50% of all patients suffer from some type of eyelid symptoms associated with insufficient eyelid hygiene.
- BlephEx® is a new, in-office procedure that allows your doctor to take an active role in cleaning your eyelid margins.
- BlephEx® removes excess bacteria, biofilm and bacterial toxins, the main causes of eyelid symptoms.
- BlephEx® cleans eyelids to maintain eyelid hygiene.
- With regular treatments, the eyelids stay clean and symptom-free.
- The BlephEx® treatment only takes a few minutes to perform.
|During the 6-8 minute BlephEx® treatment, We will gently exfoliate the lashes and eyelids to remove the crusted discharge from blepharitis. Prior to treatment, a numbing drop is placed in each eye to allow maximum comfort to the patient. During exfoliation, a medical grade micro-sponge gently and accurately spins along the lashes and eyelids to remove the debris. One sanitary, disposable micro-sponge is used for each eye to prevent the spread of bacteria. Last, the eyes are thoroughly rinsed. Prior to the patient returning home, they will be instructed to maintain lid hygiene with Blephadex foam cleanser. While home treatments are effective removing some debris, normally patients return twice a year for follow-up treatments. As with regular dental cleanings, BlephEx® treatment should be performed every six months to maintain the health of the eyelids and control over blepharitis.|
Why Have the BlephEx® Treatment
Treating blepharitis can save patients money and time when adding up the costs of prescription drops and artificial tears, not to mention preventing serious infections. Patients report the procedure is easy to tolerate, stating that most felt a tickling sensation. Patients also reported that they are happy because the irritation and discharge is gone. They also reported that taking care of their eyelids afterwards at home became much easier than before.
Please contact us to book this service for you or if you require more information.